The rugged CM550-52W series serial to IP GPRS/EDGE/3G modem (called DTU as well) is a cellular modem have been developed especially for M2M application. It provides RS232/RS-485/RS-422/TTL interface and equipped with PPP, TCP/IP and DDP protocol, it could convert the user data into EDGE or GPRS network and transmits the data to the customer’s data service center through complete transparent data channel, allows a simple and rapid integration of cellular network connectivity into M2M application.
With the robust, reliable, long life and compact metal case design, the CM3161 DTU ideally adapts to onboard standard, easy to deploy and maintenance, it has been widely applied in many fields worldwide, such as power SCADA, oil field, coal mine, weather forecast, environment protection, water conservancy, heating, natural gas, petroleum and so on.
Feature as below:
1. GPRS, 3G,4G network, support keep online and remote wake-up automatically
2.Anti-vibration; wide working temperature with Industrial grade
3. 8 I/O, Switch, Relay, PWM, analog input/ output
4. Support RS232, RS485, RS422, RJ45
5. support Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, Modbus RS485
6. Supprot RTC monitoring
7. Support VPN, DDNS, Fixed IP,
8. GPS or 2.4G Zigbee Wave that can range up to 1km in the open area
9. Providing free CMS software platform
The advantage of GPRS/3G solution as below:
1.Big market in Machine to Machine(M2M) communications, for SCADA and telemetry
2.Advantage of low cost and an existing backhaul network to get the data to the control centre
3.No control on the coverage, or availability of the service at geographically remote monitor and control points